"One of the greatest feelings in life is the conviction that you have
lived the life you wanted to live--with the rough and the smooth, the good and
the bad--but yours, shaped by your own choices, and not someone else's."

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Note to Mr. Bill...


Mr. Bill that carpools with my Daddy.

Mr. Bill that lives in this

cute house in my home town.
(Don't you love the front door and rocking chairs!?!?)

This red cottage chic does love a front porch!

Mr. Bill that is married to Ms. Kelly.
(I think that Ms. Kelly might have something to do with the really cute house)
And has three amazing kids named Sam, Amy, and Molly.
Did I mention that Sam is only 14 and left Sunday-flew by himself-for a huge boy scout leadership thing in Utah??
And Amy and Molly...met them briefly on Sunday...very beautiful and sweet young ladies...

Look out Ms. Kelly and Mr. Bill...better start locking the doors...teenage years are coming and that means boys will be knocking!!

Now that I am sure I have made myself perfectly clear what Mr. Bill I am talking to...here's my note to him...

Dear Sweet Mr. Bill-

You are a GREAT artist.
Daddy showed me the drawing you did of Momma from that picture of her when she was a little girl.
It is amazing!

Thank you for picking Daddy up every morning (really really early) so that he does not have to drive the mile to the ride share.
He enjoys your company. I know because he told me.

And Most Importantly,
When it is your turn to drive the van to work-
Thank you for getting my Daddy there safely.
Momma, Hannah and I appreciate that about you most of all.

I enjoyed meeting you, Ms. Kelly, and your gorgeous girls-
It is nice to put a face with a name!

Your Friend,
(because a friend of Daddy's is a friend of mine)
M.


Wishing you all a "car pool partner" as cool as Mr. Bill-
~M.~

1 comment:

  1. excellent post, i love it! I emailed the link to Kelley so she could read it as well - the home was built by Kelley's grandfather and grandmother in 1933 (we even have the blueprints - cool stuff) thanks once again, Bill

    ReplyDelete